So how can a marketing plan help you and your business grow and thrive? By creating an effective marketing plan and executing to that plan, you can help your business drive revenues and attract new customers. When you create a thoughtful marketing plan that has room to grow and evolve as your business grows, you’re on the right path. Here’s some reasons why a good comprehensive marketing plan can help your business thrive:
Why create a marketing plan?
1. Goals and objectives – Allows you, the business owner a foundation for what you would like to accomplish in terms of sales and marketing objectives, and allows you to set milestones to accomplish.
2. Budget – Allows you to plan how you will market and what you can actually afford on marketing activities.
3. Commit – Powerful means to get you to commit to your sales and marketing ideas and commit to the growth of the company.
4.Analyze – Prompts you to analyze your message in terms of your customers. The way you reach out to customers may have to change and evolve as your product or service changes.
5. Understand your customers even better – As you plan and evaluate your marketing activities, you will continue to gain a greater understanding of how your customers perceive your product or service.
6. Change – As your business evolves and changes, your decisions to market differently to customers may be necessary.
7. Drive Revenues – Ultimately your marketing activities should be helping to drive customers and helping to drive revenues.
Your marketing plan should be evolving as fast as your business is evolving. It’s best to create a marketing plan that is useful to your business today and leave room to change it as your revenues and customers change.
(Excerpt from chapter one of Market This!: An Effective 90-Day Marketing Tool)