So, it’s been some time since I last posted that I’d be tweeting on Twitter three times a day for three months in my latest experiment. If you recall, in my last post I mentioned talking to a social media expert who suggested I on average be tweeting 7-10x a day! Yowza, that just seemed like too much to me, so I settled on a nice number like 3x a day which has proven to work for me.
Since I’ve last blogged, about 4 weeks ago, I’ve gained about 70 new followers and have had three interesting conversations online with some new Twitter connections. The conversations have been around marketing projects and efforts, so I consider this a very positive sign that the people who have chosen to follow me are actually marketers as well and/or interested in entrepreneurship. This is perfect, since that’s what my book and my work is intended to do. I thought I’d compile a summary or overview of what I’ve observed so far during my 3x a day tweeting process:
– Regardless of time of day, people who tweet more often seem to get more followers interested in what they have to say.
– Engaging with your Twitter audience is a great way to get people to learn more about your business and what you have to offer.
– Posting questions and comments on personal opinions seems to yield a good response rate from followers and new followers.
– Retweeting other people’s posts is also a great way to start conversations and to find people who are interested in similar postings as you.
– Tweeting often seems to yield a slightly higher click through to your own business website (I’ll have to keep examining this over the next month).
I’ll report back in a few more weeks about how this Twitter project is going but I think it’s important to note that if you just stand back and wait, Twitter is going to do nothing for you. You’ve got to jump in and test the waters! If you don’t you never know what you’ll find!